Frequently Asked Questions

We have listed the most common questions prospective clients of Search Point Pty Ltd ask us.

If we do not have the answer to a question you may have below please contact our office so we may assist you.

Q: Why have I received a letter from Search Point Pty Ltd?

A: We have sent you a letter as we believe that you may have a sum of money owing to you, and without us contacting you these funds may have never been released.

Q: How have you located me at my new address?

A: We use powerful searching tools and also utilise publicly available databases, we even use the whitepages to locate current addresses of individuals and companies. We do not breach Privacy Laws in obtaining our information.


Q: Do I need to pay any money upfront for Search Point Pty Ltd to recover the funds and do I need to provide my bank details?

A: NO we DO NOT ask for money upfront. NO we DO NOT ask or require your bank details, we will forward you your payment by cheque.

Q: How has this money entitlement come about?


A: The outstanding money could be due to you for many reasons such as: an over-payment, proceeds of sale, council rebate, a stale cheque in your favour for whatever reason etc. The money may be also be from a Deceased Estate.

Q: Can you notify me the source of the funds now?

A: You will be notified the source of the funds once a successful claim has been made. Once you engage our services we can notify you where the entitlement has come from once the funds are released this is due to us needing to verify that we are dealing with the rightful owner.

Q: What do I need to provide to prove ownership?

A: If you believe you are the rightful owner of the entitlement, you need to contact our office so we can send you the relevant paperwork which explains exactly what is required from you. The paperwork will explain what you need to do, our fees for the service etc. It will take you no more than 5 minutes to provide the required paperwork.

Q: Why do I need to provide certified documents and how do I obtain certified documents?

A: Certified documents are required to ensure that the rightful owner is making a claim and that documents eg Identification and Statements are not falsified but original documents. This is required to protect the owner of the money. More information on how the certify documents is shown on the paperwork we will send to you prior to making a claim.

Q: How can I be sure that the paperwork I send you will only be use for the purpose of releasing my money?

A: We state on our paperwork that is sighted and agreed by you that Search Point Pty Ltd will only use your information for the intended purpose of releasing your money entitlement. We have strict Privacy Systems in place to ensure this.

Q: Can you assist me in completing the requirements if need be?

A: Yes. If you require any assistance in completing the paperwork please contact our office for prompt assistance. Even if you cannot provide the connection to the last known address we will help you.

Q: The question I have is not listed above?

A: If you have any questions which we do not list above please contact our office so we can answer them on the spot, feel free to send us an email or call us anytime. We look forward to hearing from you.

Proud Supporters of RSPCAAiPoL |

back to top


Search Point Pty Ltd
Level 4, 460 Collins Street
(Enter William Street)
Melbourne 3000

Tel 03 9620 1898
Fax 03 9620 0677